IER is an officially designated sponsor by the Department of State. Our program participants have an opportunity to teach full-time in primary and secondary accredited educational schools. If you meet the requirements below and are ready to make a difference to your life and others APPLY now.
- Certified in home country or meet the requirement to teach in home country or legal residence;
- Must be currently teaching OR received an advance degree (master or Ph.D) in the past 12 months;
- Bachelor’s degree in education or in subject field plus educational credit hours;
- Have a minimum of two years (24 months) of teaching or related professional experience;
- Satisfy the standards of the U.S. state in which you will teach;
- Be of good reputation and character;
- Clear background check
- Proficient in the English language.
If you are sure that you meet the qualification, be sure to send all documents listed on the checklist for a full consideration.
Submit COMPLETED documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you meet the above requirement, you will be notified and scheduled for a SKYPE interview for English proficiency test. Once selected into the program, an interview with host school’s representatives will be arranged if placement service is requested.
J Visa Health Insurance Requirements
Based on the Federal law [22CFR 62.14] requirements that all Exchange Visitors (as well as their accompanying spouses and dependents) have insurance in effect that covers them for sickness or accidents during the time of their participation in the Exchange Visitor Program. You can choose to buy your own insurance policy or purchase through IER’s partner agency.
IER provides the insurance coverage that meets and exceeds the requirement set below
- Medical benefits of $100,000 per accident or illness
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
- Medical evacuation in the amount of $50,000
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
Once you are selected by the host school, IER will process your visa and assist with your license application if required. Under J-1 Teacher Program, you are allowed to work maximum of three years.